Second European Conference
Bridging the gap between education research and practice
26 - 27th April 2012 University of Leicester, UK
The Fibonacci Project European Conference was held at the University of Leicester 26-27 April 2012. It was organised by the School of Education, University of Leicester in cooperation with the Fibonacci European coordination team (La main à la pâte - French Academy of Sciences, École Normale Supérieure Lyon, École Normale Supérieure Paris). The Conference disseminated and explored strategies for improving inquiry-based science and mathematics through research and evaluation of innovative practice. Delegates came from 28 countries in Europe and beyond.
- Reviewed the meaning of inquiry in mathematics and science education (IBSE),
- Presented research and practice of IBSME,
- Explored the relationship between IBSME theory, research and practice,
- Considered strategies for integrating inquiry across curricula,
- Considered how the external environment of the school could be used to promote IBSME,
- Explored methods for carrying out evaluation and research in schools and classrooms in IBSME, and
- Promoted networks of cooperation for inquiry-based mathematics and science education.